How to Backup and or Restore your MySQL Database Using phpMyAdmin
Revision as of 11:43, 23 May 2018 by Wikiadmin
Backup your MySQL Database
- Log into your account at Bravenet.com
- Navigate to the Database tab and click the PHPMyAdmin link to log into your database
- While in PHPMyAdmin, select the database you would like to backup from the left navigation tree.
- Click the Export tab
- Choose the Quick export method and click Go.
- Your export of your database will be downloaded to your local machine's default downloads location.
Restore your MySQL database from a Backup
- Choose the database you want to restore from the left navigation tree.
- The PHPMyAdmin script that restores your database does not drop the tables first. Click the Check All check box.
- Click the with selected: drop down menu and choose drop.
- Confirm by clicking Yes.
- Click the Import tab.
- Click the Choose File button to browse for the MySQL backup.