When does the counter increment in value (register a count)?
It depends on what type of counter you are using.
A 'Hit' Counter will increment every time a person visits the site (including page reloads), while a 'Visit' Counter will only increment the first time and every 2 hour interval after that.
Follow the directions below to change to a Visit or Hit Counter:
1. Log into your Bravenet account and click on "Counter Stats" in your list of registered services
2. Click on "Manage Counters"
3. Click "Settings" beside the Counter you would like to change
4. Toggle the "Counter Type" setting on this page to "Visit Counter" or "Hit Counter"
5. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the "Save Settings >>" button