NOTE: Full installation instructions may be added later. This is just some helpful tips to get you started in installing Moodle.
Moodle requires a few tweaks to your account before you can install it:
Changing your PHP Version
First, you'll need to ensure that you're running at least PHP 5.3 on your site. We have a page on how to select your PHP version.
Changing your database language settings
Next, Moodle requires its database tables to be created with UTF-8 support. To do this:
- create a new database, as normal, and then click on the Edit Tables icon next to it.
- in this new window, click the name of the database in the left column (next to the line that says information_schema)
- now, click the Operations tab at the top
- One of the boxes will be labelled Collation:. Scroll through this list and find the option named utf8_general_ci. Select this and click the Go button.
- You should see a notice at the top of the screen that says that Your SQL query has been executed successfully.
- Close this window, and continue with the Moodle install.