How do I allow or prevent HTML in my Guestbook's entries?
1. Log into your Bravenet account
2. Click on the Web Apps tab
3. Click on "Guestbook" in your list of Web Tools
4. Click on "General Settings"
5. Click the "Security" tab
6. Beneath "Allow HTML in Guestbook Entries?", select 'Yes' to enable HTML in your Guestbook entries, or 'No' to disable HTML
7. Click on the "Save" button
Allowing HTML code in your Guestbook postings means that visitors who know HTML may post more than just text. Entries may include an active link to a website or file, a photo, or a script.
The downside is that there is the possibility that these entries may cause an executable file to run or may contain inappropriate images.
You should monitor your Guestbook for such entries and delete them, or do not allow HTML to be used to avoid these problems.
If younger people will be viewing the Guestbook, you might want to consider enabling Post Approval. This will give you a chance to review all entries before they appear.