How can I set the counter to ignore my hits to the page?
1. Log into your Bravenet account and click on "Counter Stats" in your list of registered services
2. Click on "Manage Counters"
3. Click "Settings" below the Counter you would like to change
4. Underneath Count or Ignore Your Hits, select 'Ignore my hits to my counter'
5. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the "Save Settings >>" button
The Counter Stats Service will then ignore hits from your computer. This is achieved by placing a cookie containing the id number of your counter on your computer.
This means that if you view your counter from someone else's computer, your hit will be counted. Also, if you disable cookies, or delete your cookies, your counter will begin to increment again when you visit the page upon which the counter resides.