Difference between revisions of "Creating a new e-mail account"
|Line 21:||Line 21:|
Revision as of 12:41, 23 January 2012
Bravenet e-mail services are only available to Pro members. Upgrade your hosting service today!
Through our e-mail services, you can set up any number of e-mail addresses, e-mail forwarders, and e-mail groups. These e-mail addresses can be accessed either through our webmail interface, or through most 3rd party e-mail clients, including Microsoft Outlook.
There's more information at our article about the Bravenet e-mail services.
Creating An E-Mail Account
First, if you are planning on registering a domain, do that first. You will not be able to create e-mail accounts of any type unless you have a domain registered with your account. You can either register a domain or transfer an existing domain to Bravenet. You can not use an external domain with Bravenet e-mail accounts.
- Log in to your Bravenet account.
- Click the e-mail tab to access our e-mail manager.
- Click the New e-mail address link to create a new account.
- Enter your desired e-mail address and password into the appropriate boxes. Note that your email address should only include letters, numbers, dashes ( - ) and underscores ( _ ). You can have dots ( . ) in your address, as long as they are not the first or the last characer, and there's never two or more dots in a row. Your password should be a minimum of four characters long, and should not be the same as your Bravenet account password.
- Select the domain you wish to create the account on out of the drop down menu, and click create e-mail address when you are ready to continue.
Once you have created your account, it will typically take 10-15 minutes for it to be fully accessible. You can then use our webmail or a 3rd party e-mail client to send and receive e-mails. If you ever need the details of your e-mail account (the servers, ports, etc.) then take a look at our article on E-Mail server information.