How can I prevent spam postings on my Message Forum?
1. Log into your Bravenet account.
2. Make sure you are on the Dashboard.
3. Click on Message Forum in your list of Web Tools.
4. Click on Settings.
5. Under Security Settings look for Spam Protect with reCaptcha. Select Yes, use reCaptcha (I'm a human) service to help reduce bot spam (recommended).
6. Click on the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page.
This is a hidden reCaptcha field. Your users will not need to enter anything in to post. This will help stop automated spam bots from posting on your Forum.
If there are a lot of spam postings from the same IP, we recommend banning that IP address from your Forum service completely. (See: How do I ban a person from accessing my Message Forum?)