Registering a domain
Registering a domain will give you full control over that domain name for a period of 1-5 years. You can renew your domain at any time. For the first 60 days, you will have to manage your domain through Bravenet, but after that, if you wish, you can transfer your domain to a different provider.
- Log in to your Bravenet account.
- Select the Domains tab.
- Select Register a domain
- Enter the name you would like for your domain name into the search field. There are restrictions to what characters you can have in your domain name. Click 'Search' to proceed to the next step.
- There's a good chance that the name you chose will not be available. The search results will show you your requested name and a list of related keywords and whether or not each is available with different TLDs
- Select the domains you'd like to register, or search again. An signifies that the domain in question is not available, a that it's available, and a that it's selected for registration. Click on Register domain(s) to proceed with registering the domains with a . Note that you can register multiple domains at once.
- Next, select the term for the registration - one year, or up to five.
- You will also need to select a contact name and address for your domain. It is important that you have valid information - invalid information can lead to an early termination without refund of your domain contract.
- Please read through the terms of service completely before agreeing to them.
- Lastly, enter your payment information. You can currently pay with credit card or paypal. You also get one more chance to verify your domain contact information. Note that it can take a minute for payment to be processed when you click the "pay" button - be patient!
Please see here for Registrants' Benefits and Responsibilities: https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/benefits-2013-09-16-en. Please contact our support team if you have any questions, or concerns!